Design For Six Sigma (DFSS)
Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) is used across many industries, and has the goal of determining the needs of customers and implementing those into the product solution. It focuses on product and/or process design, as opposed to process improvement. DFSS emphasizes the customer needs and how it influences the design decision.
Six Sigma methodologies may not be enough to ensure a defect-free outcome. DFSS is the solution, helping to avoid manufacturing and service issues by using sophisticated techniques at the beginning. Incorporating the needs and desires of the customer, this process ultimately leads to improved customer satisfaction and increased revenue.
What Does DFSS Online Training Include?
The tools in this program include many found in processes to improve existing products or services. It also includes simulation methods to predict new process and product performance.
Training helps students translate requirements of customers into design concepts and evaluations. Once enrolled, students can immediately access lessons. It is a flexible, self-paced program, so you can work it around your schedule.
Training Modules Include:
A certificate of training completion will be issued to the student after successful completion of all modules and exams.
Cost of Virtual Live Training: $425
- Applying the Lean Six Sigma mindset and methodologies to product, service, and process design
- Phase-Gate design structures, checklists, and principles of concurrent development
- Defining and chartering Design projects
- Deploying the Voice of the Customer (VOC) through product, service, and process design
- Identifying risk in the design process
Cost of Virtual Live Training: $1,895
- All White Belt Topics, plus:
- Management of design and process-related risk
- Gaining and understanding the Voice of the Customer
- Deploying the Voice of the Customer through initial stages of Product Design
- Tools and techniques for Benchmarking
- Using a Design Scorecard to ensure success
- Development of the Functional Mindset; Functional Mapping & Analysis
- Concept Ideation: Ideal Final Result & the Morphological Matrix
- Concept Generation and Controlled Convergence (CGCC)
- Design for X (manufacturability, serviceability, etc.)
- Piloting and Prototyping
- Planning and Transitioning the design to production
Prerequisites: Recommended to have a DMAIC Green or Black Belt
Cost of Virtual Live Training: $3,874
- Full 5 day week 1 covering above concepts as well DMAIC concepts + Standard Green Belt week 2 concepts
- Includes a SigmaXL license for the two-week course option
- Includes up to 3 hours of project review and certification
No prerequisites. Ideal for candidates with no experience at all and gives the best of both worlds (DFSS+DMAIC)
Register today! Contact us for more information.