Root Cause Analysis (RCA) 3 Day Course:
Complete a project following the 8D Roadmap and apply appropriate methods to solve a problem with unknown cause. A coach will be your guide as needed.
What are your answers to the following questions?
• How many problems are encountered each year? How many seem to recur?
• How many have unknown cause? How many have known cause?
• Is a team created to solve them? Does the team use a structured process?
This program is for individuals, teams and organizations that desire to institutionalize an operating system for structured problem-solving.
Present State Scenario:
1. A problem is detected
2. Everyone sees pieces of the true picture
3. Many pieces could be assumptions, not facts
4. Each piece generates theories and supporting evidence is gathered
5. Each theory is consistent with its piece and so becomes “worth looking into”
6. This feels right because everyone’s doing something to solve the problem
Present State Audit:
• A fragmented picture and assumption-based theories drive problem-solving activities
• No procedure for bringing all the pieces together
• No procedure for separating assumptions from facts
• No procedure for using the facts to find the cause
Future State “Lean Problem-Solving” Scenario:
1. A problem is detected
2. Everyone knows what facts to gather to see the whole picture
3. Facts and evidence are used as a filter to reject the theories that don’t explain the facts
4. Theories that explain the facts are worth looking into
5. This feels right because every theory that gets rejected is time and money saved
6. The filter is also a “theory generator” that leads us to the cause
7. A solution profile is developed for sustainable results
• Know what to do when problems occur.
• Define, validate and decide if the problem should be solved.
• Use a team approach and understand team dynamics.
• Take appropriate interim actions.
• Choose the most appropriate RCA methods for the situation.
• Determine and implement the best sustainable solution.
Who Should Attend?
Operations Staff in manufacturing and service organizations, managers, process owners and engineers.
• What Root-Cause Analysis (RCA) is, why we need it and when to use it
• Problem-Solving Process Flowchart (8D Roadmap)
• Problems vs. Opportunities
• Preventative Practices
• Problem Detection & Specification
• Problem Anatomy = |Should – Actual|*Risk
• Causes to Determine
• Cause Structures
• Situation Appraisal
• Known vs. Unknown Cause
• Using Facts, Evidence & Assumptions
• Interim Actions
• Using a Team Approach
• Risk Analysis Tools
• Importance of Language
• Cause-Effect Mapping Methods
• Potential Cause Filters and Generators
• Human Error
• Choosing the Best Solution Profile
• Solution Validation
• Exercises & Case Studies
Root Cause Analysis Training Dates
|3 Days (T-Th)||20-Jun-2017||DC Metro, Tysons Corner, Virginia||$1599||RCATC||Register|
|3 Days (T-Th)||25-Jul-2017||Dallas, TX||$1599||RCADAL||Register|
|3 Days (T-Th)||14-Nov-2017||Orlando, FL||$1599||RCAORL||Register|
|3 Days (T-Th)||12-Dec-2017||Phoenix & Scottsdale, AZ||$1599||RCASCO||Register|