PM4PI introduces a practical, yet powerful project management toolkit for improving any Process Improvement effort, from DMAIC to Lean. Participants will see via a real-world Case Study just how Project Management is applied to a typical DMAIC project. Learn by doing with in-session practice activities completed during inter-session homework assignments. Get valuable pointers from a 35-year experienced Project Management instructor. Get useful templates and examples to keep and use for you next project.
Our PM4PI Virtual Instructor-led PM4PI course covers the following topics
- A Short Course Introduction (also available as separate course)
- Project Initiation Charter (Define)
- Project Planning (Define)
- Risks and Opportunities
- Work Breakdown (WBS)
- WBS to Gantt
- Resource Assignment
- Baselines and Resource Activity Plans (RAP)
- Report Design
- Project Execution: Plan Updates, RAP, and Reporting
- Measure Phase
- Analyze Phase
- Improve Phase
- Control Phase
- Project Closure (Control Phase)
- A Course Recap
At the end of this course, participants will:
- Recognize how project management can and does apply to small types of projects like process improvement.
- Possess the skills and tools necessary to immediately use project management on current or future projects.
- Set the stage for continued growth in the project management field of practice.
The Project Management Training Virtual Instructor-led is an eight-session course taking place on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and Tuesday to Thursday alternating weeks. Each day of training will be two hours long.
Course Time (Given by each time zone):
- 10 am – 12 pm (Eastern)
- 11 am – 1 pm (Central)
- 8 am – 10 am (Pacific)
Participants should have some level of Process Improvement work experience, as a working knowledge of DMAIC is helpful for this course. During the course, you will be working on populating templates with data. Having a screen large enough to display 2-3 windows (course slide, data source, and template form) is beneficial, but not required. We will keep to the course schedule as there is a lot of material to cover in 16 hours. Sufficient time will be provided for questions and answers.
Sign up for our Project Management Training Course Here
- No training programs currently available. Please check back later.