Imagine being taught Lean Six Sigma in your very own organization by a world-renowned Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt. Our Lean Fundamentals training spans 4 days, with programs available in the United States and around the world. That means that it doesn’t matter where your business or organization is located, we will make all the necessary arrangements to meet your needs at your desired location.
There are no prerequisites required.
The philosophy of Lean Six Sigma is based on the combined principles of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma approaches. Incorporating the concepts of waste reduction and variation reduction in order to improve productivity, Lean Six Sigma is often used at corporations in order to improve a process that is more efficient and delivers a product to the customer more quickly.
The comprehensive training provides students the ability to:
- Understand areas of opportunity to increase quality and velocity
- Identify the most error-prone, high waste areas of the process
- Understand measurements for engineering situations
- Understand the largest areas to control in maturity frameworks (CMM, ITIL)
- Understand the DMAIC approach for software product engineering, package development or custom deployments
- Promote adoption of Six Sigma & Lean Fundamentals within IT/MIS groups
- Use Six Sigma in Iterative Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC)
The class is designed to extend the capabilities of an IT organization and reinforce the concept of doing more with less. The need to build, manage, and sustain a company’s information is critical, and the course teaches how to do this with Lean Fundamental’s Six Sigma tools and methods.
What You Will Learn In 4 Days of the Lean Fundamentals Program
- Lean Flow Method
- Six Sigma Overview
- Constraint Management
- Understanding the Voice of the Customer
- Critical Musts in Requirements Gathering
- Root Cause Techniques
- Failure-Mode Effect Analysis
- Six Sigma and CMMi
- Lean Software Development
- DMAIC in Software Engineering
- Software Design in D
- Queue Modeling
- Quality Function Deployment
- Six Sigma in IT Governance & IT Project Management
- BPM Foundations
- Techniques for Gaining Acceptance
The class also includes foundations of Business Process Management and IT’s role in these programs. For more information on Lean Six Sigma Fundamentals, please go to 6Sigma.com and fill out a request for this class to come to you and your team!