A Six Sigma Project Champion could be compared to a top of the line concierge at an elite five star hotel. That concierge has the answers, and can make your life easier if you happen to be visiting a completely unfamiliar location. They will know the best restaurants, best places to visit, or if you don’t know the language, they might even set you up with an interpreter.
The Six Sigma Project Champion is, for all intents and purposes, the one person within the entire organization that will carry the burden to make sure that the entire project comes to fruition within the timeframe specified, with the outlined goals met.
The one main element that is important for the Six Sigma Project Champion to have is diplomacy, or better said, the ability to negotiate with all involved in the project, which includes management as well as team members.
Important Qualities For A Six Sigma Project Champion
- They must have the aptitude and knowledge to understand all the elements of the project.
- They must have the ability to meet all deadlines, and at times even exceed expectations of the management.
- The ability to inspire and motivate the team and be committed to the project’s success.
- The ability to be a champion problem solver as well as being resourceful, in that removing obstacles so that the project will be successful.
- Stellar organizational skills; this is needed to keep the team focused.
- Excellent communication skills.
A Six Sigma Project Champion will ensure the success of a project, by eliminating any obstacles that could come up. They are also very instrumental in communicating all that needs to be done so that everyone is on the same page. The Six Sigma Project Champion’s only goal is the complete success of the project.
After the current project is completed, the Six Sigma Project Champion is rallying up the next project, thus earning his title of champion.