Six Sigma Root Cause Analysis Training
Course Duration: 3 day
The interactive Root Cause Analysis webinar, delivered LIVE online by one of 6Sigma.com’ experienced Master Black Belts, will give students the chance to pose questions throughout the course. This eighteen-hour online seminar is for individuals, teams, and organizations who desire to institutionalize an operating system for structured problem-solving.
The Root Cause Analysis Webinar will be a 3-day course taking place on Tuesday-Thursday. Each day of training will be 6 hours long, with breaks included.
Course Time (given by each time zone):
- 10 am – 4 pm (Eastern)
- 9 am – 3 pm (Central)
- 7 am – 1 pm (Pacific)
Course Fee $1,099 including support for Certification and printed course material shipped to locations in the continental United States. Additional shipping fees apply for shipments outside of the United States.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a structured team-based approach used to quickly discover the reasons problems occur and develop a sustainable solution to avoid recurrence. RCA is used whenever problems require immediate attention such as safety incidences, dissatisfied customers, product field failure, unscheduled downtime, or any situation where excessive delays are very costly. RCA applies to all businesses and industries. The 8D team-based approach is used as the roadmap for all the topics covered.
The Root Cause Analysis (RCA) concepts will help you identify answers to the following questions:
- How many problems are encountered each year? How many seem to recur?
- How many have unknown causes? How many have a known cause?
- Is a team created to solve them? Does the team use a structured process?
- Know what to do when problems occur.
- Define, validate and decide if the problem should be solved.
- Use a team approach and understand team dynamics.
- Take appropriate interim actions.
- Choose the most appropriate RCA methods for the situation.
- Determine and implement the best sustainable solution.
3 Day RCA Agenda:
- What Root-Cause Analysis (RCA) is and when it’s useful and not useful
- Problem-Solving Process Flowchart (8D Roadmap)
- Problems vs. Opportunities
- Preventative Practices
- Problem Validation & Specification
- Causes to Determine
- Cause Structures
- Situation Appraisal
- Known vs. Unknown Cause
- Separating Facts, Evidence & Assumptions
- Interim Actions
- Using a Team Approach
- Risk Analysis Tools
- Importance of Language
- Cause-Effect Mapping Methods
- Potential Cause Filters and Generators
- Human Error – now what?
- Turning a Fishbone Diagram into a Multi-Vari Study Design
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Choosing the Best Solution Profile
- Solution Verification & Validation
- Reports & Reporting
- Exercises & Case Studies
Those who complete this course are eligible for our Certification with a suitable project that illustrates concept application to improving one of your organization’s processes.
Comparing Six Sigma DMAIC to 8D-RCA
|Six Sigma DMAIC||8D-RCA|
|Mission||Strategic Business Perfomance Improvement||Problem Recurrence Prevention|
|Objective||* Improve Profits|
* Improves Process
* Improve culture
* Sustain Gains
|* Problem Solving|
* Corrective Prevention Actions (CAPA)
|Urgency||Low to Medium||High|
|Completion||3 to 6 months||1 week to 1 month|
|Driver||Upper Management||Local Team|
|Kick-off||Champion & Project Charter||Team & Problem Statement|
|Main Tools||RCA & Statistical Methods||RCA & Solution Methods|
|Focus||Goal or Event||Event|
|Mode||Proactive or Reactive||Reactive|
|Training||4 to 6 Weeks||3 Days|
Contact us if you have additional questions. There is a $100 rescheduling fee if you are not able to attend your scheduled sessions.