The philosophy of Lean Six Sigma is based on the combined principles of lean manufacturing and Six Sigma approaches. Incorporating the concepts of waste reduction and variation reduction in order to improve productivity, Lean Six Sigma is often used at corporations in order to improve a process that is more efficient and delivers a product to the customer more quickly.
Our Lean 6 Sigma training spans 4 days, with programs available in the United States and around the world. There are no prerequisites required.
The comprehensive training provides students the ability to:
- Understand areas of opportunity to increase quality and velocity
- Identify the most error-prone, high waste areas of the process
- Understand measurements for engineering situations
- Understand the largest areas to control in maturity frameworks (CMM, ITIL)
- Understand the DMAIC approach for software product engineering, package development or custom deployments
- Promote adoption of Six Sigma & Lean Fundamentals within IT/MIS groups
- Use Six Sigma in Iterative Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC)
The class is designed to extend the capabilities of an IT organization, and reinforce the concept of doing more with less. The need to build, manage, and sustain a company’s information is critical, and the course teaches how to do this with Lean Fundamentals Six Sigma tools and methods.